Tamarind is a leguminous tropical tree. It has pods inside which are few large seeds with sticky sour pulp. The pulp becomes more sour as it dries. It can add a strong flavor to your dishes, alone, diluted or mixed with sugar. It makes a great base in many sauces and marinades, tenderizes meat, and makes a refreshing beverage.
Benefits of Tamarinds:
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Can strengthen your cardiovascular, circulatory, digestive, nervous and immune systems
- Improves digestion and reduces constipation due to their high fiber content, and because they stimulate the gastric juices and bile
- Rich in potassium and vitamin C which are good for the heart
- Prevent anemia
- Aid in weight loss due to its high fiber content and have acids that inhibit the enzymes that store fats
- Control diabetes because of the same acids that also limit the amount of carbohydrates that the body absorbs
- Used in several herbal medicines around the world. Due to their anti-inflammatory action, They can be used to treat eye infection, gout, arthritis and rheumatic conditions
- Boost the immune system due to the vitamin C they contain, and the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties
- Help in liver problems by protecting and flushing the liver and reducing liver fat
- Fights hair loss when applied to the hair
To compliment this beverage, you have to maintain a natural diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid alcoholic beverages and processed foods. It’s a whole lifestyle that makes the difference!