Yoga is a 5000 years old discipline from India. It’s a system of wellbeing and a practice to unite the body, mind and spirit. There are so many branches and styles of yoga, and all can help balance your body, mind and spirit.
Hatha Yoga is a series of stretches and poses that you do with breathing techniques, offering many benefits. This is only one part of yoga. It helps to improve the quality of life in diverse areas such as fitness, wellness, stress relieve, vitality and mental clarity. It is gentle and almost anyone can do it regardless of age or fitness level, and according to his own pace. Moreover, Yoga is a great way to stretch and strengthen your body, focus your mind and relax your spirit. You cannot learn yoga from books and lectures, you must experience it and every person has his own experience.
Benefits of yoga:
Other than making you stronger, more flexible and energetic, yoga will also make you feel more focused and alert. It helps improve many health conditions such as poor blood circulation, high blood pressure, arthritis, osteoporosis, back pain, breathing issues, headaches, stress and depression and many more. The following are a few of the many benefits of yoga:
- Weight management and weight loss as you follow certain yoga postures and breathing exercises
- Boost the immune system by massaging and strengthening the internal organs that sharpen the immune system
- Better skin due to the improved blood circulation to the face and head areas giving you a natural glow, preventing premature aging, and reducing acne.
- Improved Digestion by practicing the twists and turns in many yoga postures. These will improve the blood flow to the digestive system thereby removing the wastes from the body at a faster rate therefore improving the metabolism
- Reduce stress by soothing the mind and lowering the stress level. It does so by focusing the mind on the moment and the movement
- Increase your concentration because of the rhythmic and focused breathing
- Understand the mind and body connection by making you focus all your energy on each movement or pose making the body and mind work together
- Gain strength and stamina with the more vigorous types of yoga
- More balance and stability; Balancing poses requires you to use your core muscles which adds stability to your moves.
- Give a better posture by strengthening and opening tight areas of the body like the shoulders and upper back muscles
- Develop awareness of your body’s strengths and weaknesses
- Reduce your risk for injury by making your muscles stronger and increasing your flexibility.
Give it a try
As a conclusion, Yoga can help you get a better quality of life, helping you deal with stress, and do your daily chores. It also helps to prevent or ease back pain and muscle or joint injury, and give you more self-reliance and self-esteem. Yet, one of the most important benefits of any yoga routine isn’t physical. It’s the quieting of the mind fine-tuning your attention, beginning with the body, and then moving to the mind. As you get deeper into your practice over the years, you start to see the mental and spiritual benefits.